TVSR Camping Trip
Friday, July 24 -
Sunday, July 26, 2020
Treasure Valley Scout Reservation
On July 22, 2020, the Heart of New England Council BSA, the operator of
Treasure Valley, advised us that they were closing all of their camps to overnight camping
until Phase 4 of the reopening. Instead, we will have a Nobscot
With the cancellation of summer camp, we will instead have a troop campng trip at Treasure Valley.
We will tent camp in the Hickory site. During the day, we plan:
- Fishing on Browning Pond
- Hiking trails in Treasure Valley and a section of the Midstate
If possible, the ziplining initially planned as part of this trip will be arranged as a separate day
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members and Webelos/Arrow of Light Scouts.
In response to COVID-19, we will implement
COVID-19 Controls on
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit
this to the Scoutmaster by July 14. Paper
Form Online Form.
- Event registration fee - pay by July 14 (includes food):
Youth or Adult - $30 (online payment)
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than July 14. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by July 14.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have
completed BSA Youth Protection Training within the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training
certificate to the Scoutmaster by July 14.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your
vehicle information has not been provided to the Troop previously, please provide this to the Scoutmaster
by July 14.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of
most of the items needed. You can pack your stuff in a backpack (the big kind),
a duffle bag or a tub. Specific items to bring:
- Water bottles (2)
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Day pack
- Food - Each patrol should plan to provide 2 dinners, 2 lunches and 2 breakfasts. Participants bring
your own drinks and food for snacks.
- Cloth face masks (at least 2 per person).
- Mosquito repellent
To be prepared for mosquitos and ticks, see our Insects page.
- The drive from Worcester to the Campmaster
cabin about 22 minutes from Epworth United Methodist Church. Each Scout will need to be transported to
and from Treasure Valley by a family member. Stop at the Campmaster Cabin to check in, then meet at the
camp site at 9 AM on Friday, July 24.
Contact the Scoutmaster if you plan to arrive later that day.
- We will not travel anywhere in vehicles during the camping trip.
- Scouts should be picked up at the camp site at 10:00 AM on Sunday.
Page updated 7/22/20