Saturday, November 9 -
Sunday, November 10, 2019
Douglas State Forest
For this trip, we will backpack a segment of the
England Trunkline Trail (SNETT) into
Douglas State Forest in
Douglas, MA. We'll hike a short length of the Midstate Trail to get to the
trail shelter in the forest. This is our first time hiking a significant portion of the SNETT; on previous
trips, we have crossed it on the Midstate Trail or hiked a short segment of it. The hiking portion will
likely be about 6 miles each day.
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members. Each participant should weigh at least 90 pounds.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit
this to the Scoutmaster by October 29. Paper
Form Online Form.
- Event registration fee (youth) - $10 (includes some food) - pay by October 29 (online payment).
- Event registration fee (adult) - no fee (includes no food). Just advise the Scoutmaster by October 29
that you plan to attend.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than October 29. This trip requires only Parts A and B,
including copy of insurance card (both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by October 29.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have
completed BSA Youth Protection Training within the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training
certificate to the Scoutmaster by October 29.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your
vehicle information has not been provided to the Troop previously, please provide this to the Scoutmaster
by October 29.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of
most of the items needed. You will pack your stuff in either an external frame or internal
frame backpack (the big kind). Specific items to bring:
- Water bottle
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Food - The patrol should plan to provide 1 dinner and 1 breakfast. Scouts
bring your own snacks, lunches and drinks. Adults bring all of your own food, snacks and drinks.
- Insect repellent and preferably permethrin treated clothing.
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 7:00 AM Saturday for
departure by 7:15 AM.
- Travel to the
is approximately 25 minutes.
- Estimated return to the church is 3:00 PM Sunday.