Friday, April 24 -
Sunday, April 26, 2020
Horace Moses Scout Reservation
This event is cancelled due to local developments related to the COVID-19
Troop 54 heads to Horace A. Moses Scout Reservation this month; our last time
there was in January 2018. We will be camping in the Saratoga camp site. WHOA is a monthly event at this
Here is the list of fun activities for this day:
Programs for everyone:
Programs for Ages 10+
Programs for Ages 11+
.22 cal. Rifles
Programs for Ages 14+
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by April 14. Paper Form
- Cost (pay by April 14) -
Youth or Adult - $32 (online payment).
(This fee includes food)
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
Parts A abd B of this record within the previous year and no later than April 14.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by April 14.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying
overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the
Scoutmaster by April 14.
- Vehicle Information - If
you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by April 14.
Each patrol should plan two breakfasts, one lunch and one dinner.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of
most of the items needed. Personal gear should be packed in a backpack as there is a bit of a hike from
the parking lot to the cabin. See our Cold Weather
Clothing page for information on how to dress in really cold weather. Specific items to bring:
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Water bottle
- Any snacks you want.
- Day pack.
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:00 PM Friday for
departure by 6:30 PM.
- Travel to
is approximately 70 minutes.
- Estimated return to the church is 11:30 AM Sunday.