Hale Camping Trip
Friday, November 11 -
Sunday, November 13, 2022
On this trip, we will camp at Hale Reservation in Westwood, Massachusetts. We were last there in 2017. for our first time, at least in recent years. Our camp site is Twin Oaks (Site 2). During the day on Saturday, we will visit the USS Salem in Quincy, Massachusetts, targeting an arrival there at 1 PM. Back at the site (before and after), we will work on advancement.
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members and Webelos/AOL Scouts.
Troop 54 COVID-19 Controls will be
employed on this trip.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster by November 1.
- Event registration fee - pay by November 1 (includes food):
Participant up to age 12 - $57 (online payment)
Participant age 13 or older - $59 (online payment)
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each
participant must have submitted this record within the previous year and no later than November 1. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card (both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by November 1.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have
completed BSA Youth Protection Training within the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by November 1.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving anyone
other than your own family members to and/or from the event (not likely during the COVID-19 pandemic) and your vehicle information has not been provided to the Troop previously, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by November 1.
Use our Personal Camping List to ensure you pack the needed items and see our Personal Camping Gear page for descriptions of most of the items needed and for how to use the checklist. You can pack your stuff in a backpack (the big kind), a duffle bag or a tub. Specific items to bring:
- Water bottles (2)
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Day pack
- Food - Each patrol should plan to provide 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1
dinner. Participants bring your own drinks and food for snacks.
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:00 PM Friday for departure by 6:30 PM.
- Travel to
is approximately one hour. See the Cat Rock Parking map for where to park and meet at the reservation.
- Estimated return to the church is 11:30 AM Sunday.
Page updated 9/30/22