Kitchtau Camping Trip
Friday, March 20 -
Sunday, March 22, 2020
This event is cancelled due to local developments related to the COVID-19
On this trip, Troop 54 camps for our first time at Camp Kitchtau, a
small Scout camp in Stonington, Connecticut. This is a car camping trip (camp site close to where we
park vehicles); we will camp in tents. During the day on Saturday, we will visit the
Mystic Aquarium in Mystic, Connecticut, also
for our first time.
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members and Webelos/Arrow of Light Scouts.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit
this to the Scoutmaster by March 10. Paper
Form Online Form.
- Event registration fee - pay by March 10 (includes food and museum admission):
Youth - $34 (online payment)
Adult - $37 (online payment)
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than March 10. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by March 10.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have
completed BSA Youth Protection Training within the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training
certificate to the Scoutmaster by March 10.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your
vehicle information has not been provided to the Troop previously, please provide this to the Scoutmaster
by March 10.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of
most of the items needed. You can pack your stuff in a backpack (the big kind),
a duffle bag or a tub. Specific items to bring:
- Water bottle
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Day pack
- Food - Each patrol should plan to provide 1 dinner, 2 lunches (one to each at the aquarium) and 2
breakfasts. Participants bring your
own food for snacks and drinks.
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:00 PM Friday for
departure by 6:30 PM.
- Travel to the camp is approximately
1 hour 30 minutes.
- Estimated return to the church is 11:30 AM Sunday.
Page updated 3/14/20