Saturday, April 23 -
Sunday, April 24, 2022
Troop 54 will participate in the Isaac Davis Camporee and
March for our thrid time (last for us in 2019). This camporee memorializes the first uniformed soldier to die in
the defense of the United States. The event is run by the Scouters of the Isaac Davis Trail.
The camporee features:
- Fun afternoon games.
- A giant bonfire with songs and skits. Our Scouts should prepare a song or skit before the camporee.
- A hike from the home of Isaac Davis, retracing the steps of the Acton Minutemen, to the Old North
Bridge in Minute Man National Historical Park.
This hike begins at dawn Sunday morning and takes 2-3 hours. Buses are provded for the return to the
camporee field. We will prepare at eat breakfast at the school where the buses drop us in the morning. We
will prepare and eat lunch on Sunday at the park.
Scouts can earn the Isaac Davis medal by reading the history section of the event website and completing
a historical questonnaire.
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members, and we invite Webelos Scouts (Webelos and AOL dens) to
participate with us.
Troop 54 COVID-19 Controls will be
employed on this trip.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout
must submit this to the Scoutmaster by April 5.
- Event registration fee - pay by April 5 (includes food):
Youth - $46 (online payment)
Adult - $40 (online payment)
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each
participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than April 5. This trip requires only Parts A and B,
including copy of insurance card (both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by April 5.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have
completed BSA Youth Protection Training within the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training
certificate to the Scoutmaster by April 5.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving anyone other
than your own family members to and/or from the event and your
vehicle information has not been provided to the Troop previously, please provide this to the Scoutmaster
by April 5.
Use our Personal Camping List to ensure you pack the needed items and see our Personal Camping Gear page for descriptions of most of the items needed and for how to use the checklist. You can pack your stuff in a backpack (the big kind), a duffle bag or a tub. Specific items to bring:
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Water bottle(s) - each person to bring 1 liter on the hike.
- Day pack.
- Spending money - There may be concessions at the North Bridge.
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 10:00 AM Saturday for departure
by 10:30 AM.
- Travel from the church to the
Field in Acton
is about 35 minutes.
- We estimate departure from the camporee field at 1:00 PM and a return to the church at
about 1:30 PM on Sunday.