Friday, December 10 -
Sunday, December 12, 2021
Troop 54 will visit the Mystic Aquarium in Mystic, Connecticut, which we have not visited as a troop in recent years. We will tent camp at Camp Kitchtau, a small Scout camp in Stonington, Connecticut, our first time visiting this camp. We will visit the aquarium during the day on Saturday.
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members and Webelos/Arrow of Light Scouts.
Troop 54 COVID-19 Controls will be
employed on this trip.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout
must submit this to the Scoutmaster by November 30.
- Event registration fee - pay by November 30 (includes food):
Youth - $35 (online payment)
Adult - $38 (online registration)
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each
participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than November 30. This trip requires only Parts A and B,
including copy of insurance card (both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by June 8.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have
completed BSA Youth Protection Training within the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training
certificate to the Scoutmaster by November 30.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving anyone other
than your own family members to and/or from the event (not likely during the COVID-19 pandemic) and your
vehicle information has not been provided to the Troop previously, please provide this to the Scoutmaster
by November 30.
Use our Personal Camping List to ensure you pack the needed items and see our Personal Camping Gear page for descriptions of most of the items needed and for how to use the checklist. You can pack your stuff in a backpack (the big kind), a duffle bag or a tub. Specific items to bring:
- Water bottles (2)
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Day pack
- Food - Each patrol should plan to provide 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner.
Participants bring your own drinks and food for snacks.
- Cloth face masks (at least 2 per person). Please ensure that masks are sized so that they will stay
- We will meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:30 PM Friday where we will
pack personal gear into the trailer. Only the participating adults will drive to the campground.
- Travel to the campground
(address is 25-1 Brucker Pentway, Pawcatuck, CT) is approximately 1-1/2 hours from Epworth United Methodist Church.
- Scouts should be picked up at the church at approximately 11:30 AM on Sunday. We will call family
members as our timing becomes more clear.
Page updated 11/6/21