Friday, November 12 -
Sunday, November 14, 2021
For this trip, we will travel to camp near the studio of metalworking artist and Troop 54 Eagle Scout
Michael Saari. Mr. Saari will
guide our Scouts in their choice of sheet metal or blacksmith activities. Scouts should be able to complete some
requirements toward the Metalwork merit badge. We last worked with Mr. Saari in 2016.
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members and Webelos/AOL Scouts.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout
must submit this to the Scoutmaster by November 2.
- Event registration fee - pay by November 2 (includes food):
Youth - $36 (online payment) - also includes metalworking materials
Adult - $28 (online payment)
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each youth or adult participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than November 2. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card (both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by November 2.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have
completed BSA Youth Protection Training within the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training
certificate to the Scoutmaster by November 2.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving anyone other
than your own family members to and/or from the event and your vehicle information has not been provided to the Troop
previously, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by November 2.
Use our Personal Camping List to ensure you pack the needed items and see our Personal Camping Gear page for descriptions of most of the items needed and for how to use the checklist. You can pack your stuff in a backpack (the big kind), a duffle bag or a tub. Specific items to bring:
- Water bottles (2)
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Day pack
- Food - Each patrol should plan to provide 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner. Participants bring
your own drinks and food for snacks.
- Face masks (at least 2 per person). Please ensure that masks are sized so that they will stay
- We will meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:30 PM Friday where we will
pack personal gear into the trailer. Only the participating adults will drive to the camp.
- Travel to studio will take about 45 minutes from
Epworth United Methodist Church.
- Scouts should be picked up at the church at approximately 11:15 AM on Sunday. We will call family
members as our timing becomes more clear.
Page updated 9/30/21