Moses 75th Anniversary Camping Trip
Friday, September 17 -
Sunday, September 19, 2021
Horace A Moses Scout Reservation
We return to Horace A Moses Scout Reservation again - our Scouts wanted to join in the festivities as the camp celebrates its 75th Anniversary. We will camp in the unnamed site just to the West of the Training Lodge. During the day, the Scouts will visit the WHOA (Woronoco Heights Outdoor Adventures) activity stations and all of us will explore the anniversary activities (tours of camp, historical displays, a short program and fellowship). In honor of the anniversary, the camp will serve dinner at the Dining Hall.
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members and Webelos/Arrow of Light Scouts.
Troop 54 COVID-19 Controls will be
employed on this trip.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout
must submit this to the Scoutmaster by September 7.
- Event registration fee - pay by September 7 (includes food):
Youth - $30 (online payment)
Adult - $25 (online payment)
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each
participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than September 7. This trip requires only Parts A and B,
including copy of insurance card (both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by September 7.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have
completed BSA Youth Protection Training within the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training
certificate to the Scoutmaster by September 7.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving anyone other
than your own family members to and/or from the event (not likely during the COVID-19 pandemic) and your
vehicle information has not been provided to the Troop previously, please provide this to the Scoutmaster
by September 7.
Use our Personal Camping List to ensure you pack the needed items and see our Personal Camping Gear page for descriptions of most of the items needed and for how to use the checklist. You can pack your stuff in a backpack (the big kind), a duffle bag or a tub. Specific items to bring:
- Water bottles (2)
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Day pack
- Food - Each patrol should plan to provide 2 breakfasts and 1 lunch.
Participants bring your own drinks and food for snacks.
- Cloth face masks (at least 2 per person). Please ensure that masks are sized so that they will stay
- We will meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:30 PM Friday where we will
pack personal gear into the trailer. Only the participating adults will drive to the campground.
- The drive from Worcester to
the Camp Entrance (use this for Google navigation)
is about 1 hour 10-30 minutes from Epworth United Methodist Church. Drivers will proceed to the parking adjacent
to the site or if that is not available, to the Main Parking lot.
- Scouts should be picked up at the church at approximately 11:30 AM on Sunday. We will call family
members as our timing becomes more clear.
Page updated 8/27/21