White Mountains Camping Trip
Friday, August 27 -
Sunday, August 29, 2021
Waterville Valley, New Hampshire
This month, we will camp at the Osceola Vista Campground in Waterville Valley, New Hampshire. We have reserved
Group Site B. During the day on Saturday, we will take a ride on the Hobo Railroad and go on a day hike.
Camp sites list and map
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members and Webelos/Arrow of Light Scouts.
Troop 54 COVID-19 Controls will be
employed on this trip.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout
must submit this to the Scoutmaster by August 17.
- Event registration fee - pay by August 17 (includes food):
Youth - $42 (online payment)
Adult - $47 (online registration)
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each
participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than August 17. This trip requires only Parts A and B,
including copy of insurance card (both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by August 17.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have
completed BSA Youth Protection Training within the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training
certificate to the Scoutmaster by August 17.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving anyone other
than your own family members to and/or from the event (not likely during the COVID-19 pandemic) and your
vehicle information has not been provided to the Troop previously, please provide this to the Scoutmaster
by August 17.
Use our Personal Camping List to ensure you pack the needed items and see our Personal Camping Gear page for descriptions of most of the items needed and for how to use the checklist. You can pack your stuff in a backpack (the big kind), a duffle bag or a tub. Specific items to bring:
- Water bottles (2)
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Day pack
- Food - Each patrol should plan to provide 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner.
Participants bring your own drinks and food for snacks.
- Cloth face masks (at least 2 per person). Please ensure that masks are sized so that they will stay
- We will meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:30 PM Friday where we will
pack personal gear into the trailer. Only the participating adults will drive to the campground.
- Travel to the campground
is approximately 2 hours 15 minutes from Epworth United Methodist Church.
- Scouts should be picked up at the church at approximately 12:00 PM on Sunday. We will call family
members as our timing becomes more clear.
Page updated 7/27/21