Nobscot Backpacking Trip
Friday, May 21 -
Sunday, May 23, 2021
Nobscot Scout Reservation
This month, we will camp at Nobscot Scout Reservation. We will
backpack less than one mile to tent camp at the Haydenland 5 site. We will work on some
wilderness survival skills during the trip.
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members.
Troop 54 COVID-19 Controls will be
employed on this trip.
Mayflower COVID-19 Restrictions also apply.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout
must submit this to the Scoutmaster by May 11.
- Event registration fee - pay by May 11 (includes food):
Youth (includes food) - $25 (online payment)
Adult (doesn't include food) - $10 (online payment)
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each
participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than May 11. This trip requires only Parts A and B,
including copy of insurance card (both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by May 11.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have
completed BSA Youth Protection Training within the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training
certificate to the Scoutmaster by May 11.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving anyone other
than your own family members to and/or from the event (not likely during the COVID-19 pandemic) and your
vehicle information has not been provided to the Troop previously, please provide this to the Scoutmaster
by May 11.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of
most of the items needed. You can pack your stuff in a backpack (the big kind),
a duffel bag or a tub. Specific items to bring:
- Water bottles (2)
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Day pack
- Food - Each patrol should plan to provide 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner. Participants bring
your own drinks and food for snacks.
- Cloth face masks (at least 3 per person). Please ensure that masks are sized so that they will stay
- The drive from Worcester to the Nobscot
parking lot is about 34 minutes from Epworth United Methodist Church. Each Scout will need to be
transported to and from Nobscot by a family member. We will meet in the Nobscot Scout Reservation parking lot at 6:30 PM on Friday. Contact the Scoutmaster if you plan to arrive later.
- We will not travel anywhere in vehicles during the camping trip.
- Scouts should be picked up at the parking lot at 10:00 AM on Sunday.
Page updated 5/21/21