Sterling Springs Camping Trip
Friday, March 26 -
Sunday, March 28, 2021
Sterling Springs Campground
Troop 54 will makes our first visit to a private campground in Sterling, known until about 25 years ago as
Sterling Springs (now known as "The Farm"). The property has camp sites with fire pits (one with tent
platforms), a pond, a pavilion with picnic tables and other amenities.
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members and Webelos/AOL Scouts.
Troop 54 COVID-19 Controls will be
employed on this trip.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout
must submit this to the Scoutmaster by March 16.
- Event registration fee - pay by March 16 (includes food for youth):
Youth or Adult - $16 (online payment)
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than March 16. This trip requires only Parts A and B,
including copy of insurance card (both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by March 16.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have
completed BSA Youth Protection Training within the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training
certificate to the Scoutmaster by March 16.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving anyone other
than your own family members to and/or from the event (not likely during the COVID-19 pandemic) and your
vehicle information has not been provided to the Troop previously, please provide this to the Scoutmaster
by March 16.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of
most of the items needed. You can pack your stuff in a backpack (the big kind),
a duffel bag or a tub. Specific items to bring:
- Water bottles (2)
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Day pack
- Food - Each patrol should plan to provide 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner. Participants bring
your own drinks and food for snacks.
- Cloth face masks (at least 2 per person). Please ensure that masks are sized so that they will stay
- Each Scout will need to be transported to and from the campground by a family member. The campground
address is 34 Ford Road, Sterling, Massachusetts.
- Scouts should be dropped off at the camp roughly at 6:30 PM on Friday. The drive from Worcester to
the campground (use this for Google
navigation) is about 21 minutes from Epworth United Methodist Church. Bring the Scouts to troop leaders
at the campground.
- We do not plan to leave the camp in vehicles during the trip.
- Scouts should be picked up at the campground at 10:00 AM on Sunday.
Page updated 2/21/21