WHOA Camping Trip
Friday, January 15 -
Sunday, January 17, 2021
Horace A Moses Scout Reservation
Troop 54 will visit Horace A Moses Scout Reservation in January, for a second month in a row. This time,
we will camp in the Nathan Hale campsite. During the day on Saturday, we will participate in the monthly
WHOA (Woronoco Heights Outdoor Adventures) event at the camp.
WHOA Event Web Page
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members.
Troop 54 COVID-19 Controls will be
emplolyed on this trip.
Horace A. Moses Scout Reservation
COVID-19 Guidelines, rules from the camp's council, also apply.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit
this to the Scoutmaster by January 7.
- Event registration fee - pay by January 7 (includes food and event registration, not lunch
Youth - $30 (online payment)
Adult - $20 (online payment)
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than January 7. This trip requires only Parts A and B,
including copy of insurance card (both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by January 7.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have
completed BSA Youth Protection Training within the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training
certificate to the Scoutmaster by January 7.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving anyone other
than your own family members to and/or from the event (not likely during the COVID-19 pandemic) and your
vehicle information has not been provided to the Troop previously, please provide this to the Scoutmaster
by January 7.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of
most of the items needed. You can pack your stuff in a backpack (the big kind),
a duffle bag or a tub. Specific items to bring:
- Water bottles (2)
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Day pack
- Food - Each patrol should plan to provide 1 dinner and 2 breakfasts. Participants bring
your own drinks and food for snacks.
- Cloth face masks (at least 2 per person). Please ensure that masks are sized so that they will stay
- Money to purchase lunch at the event on Saturday, $10 suggested.
- Each Scout will need to be transported to and from the camp site at Horace Moses SR by a family
- Scouts should be dropped off at the camp roughly at 7:30-7:45 PM on Friday. The drive from Worcester to
the Camp Entrance (use this for Google navigation)
is about 1 hour 10-30 minutes from Epworth United Methodist Church. Bring the Scouts to troop leaders at
the Nathan Hale campsite. Bring a copy of the camp map to help you
find the site. After COVID-19 screening, leave gear at the site and park vehicles that are staying as directed by
- We do not plan to leave the camp in vehicles during the trip.
- Scouts should be picked up at the camp site at 10:00 AM on Sunday.
Page updated 1/5/21