Pilgrim Trail Camping Trip
Friday, December 6 -
Sunday, December 8, 2019
Troop 54 returns to Camp Norse, for our first time since January 2017. This is a "car camping"
type trip (no need to carry our gear very far). We will camp in the Thorson tent site. During
the day on Saturday, we will hike the Pilgrim Trail, which we last hiked in September
2016. Back at camp, there should be time for advancement work.
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members and Webelos/Arrow of Light Scouts.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit
this to the Scoutmaster by November 26. Paper
Form Online Form.
- Event registration fee (youth or adult) - $21 (includes food) - pay by November 26 (online payment).
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than November 26. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by November 26.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have
completed BSA Youth Protection Training within the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training
certificate to the Scoutmaster by November 26.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your
vehicle information has not been provided to the Troop previously, please provide this to the Scoutmaster
by November 26.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of
most of the items needed. You can pack your stuff in a backpack (the big kind),
a duffle bag or a tub. Specific items to bring:
- Water bottle
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Day pack
- Food - Each patrol should plan to provide 1 dinner, 2 lunches and 2 breakfasts. Participants bring your
own food for snacks and drinks.
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:00 PM Friday for
departure by 6:30 PM.
- Travel to the camp is approximately
1 hour 30 minutes.
- Estimated return to the church is 11:00 AM Sunday.
Page updated 10/27/19