Friday, August 23 -
Saturday, August 24, 2019
Boston Harbor Islands
Troop 54 will take a ferry from Hingham Shipyard in Hingham to Lovells Island in Boston Harbor. where we
will camp for one night. This will be our first trip to Boston Harbor Islands, at least in recent years. Ferry details for Friday:
- Depart Hingham at 10:20 AM on Interisland Ferry (Hingham to Bumpkin, Grape, Peddocks, Georges,
- Arrive at Georges Island at 11:00 AM for a couple of hours of exploration.
- Depart Georges Island at 1:25 PM on Interisland Ferry (Boston to Georges, Spectacle, Peddocks,
- Arrive at Lovells Island at 2:50 PM.
Ferry details for Saturday:
- Depart Lovells Island at 12:55 PM on Interisland Ferry (Hingham to Bumpkin, Grape, Peddocks, Georges,
- Arrive at Hingham at 1:45 PM.
Trip planning meeting - Participants should attend this meeting on August 20, 7:00-8:30 PM.
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members and Webelos/Arrow of Light Scouts.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit
this to the Scoutmaster by August 13. Paper
Form Online Form.
- Event registration fee (youth or adult) - $15 (includes food) - pay by August 13 (online payment).
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
Pa A abd B of this record within the previous year and no later than July 30.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by July 30.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have
completed BSA Youth Protection Training within the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training
certificate to the Scoutmaster by July 30.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your
vehicle information has not been provided to the Troop previously, please provide this to the Scoutmaster
by July 30.
Pack as though we are backpacking.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of
most of the items needed. You will pack your stuff in either an external frame or internal
frame backpack (the big kind). Specific items to bring:
- Water bottles
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Food - The patrol should plan to provide 1 dinner, 1 lunch and 1 breakfast (no cooler). Scouts bring your
own food for snacks and drinks. Adults bring all of their own food, snacks and drinks.
Note that our group needs to bring all of the water we need on the islands.
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 7:30 AM Friday for
departure by 8:00 AM.
- Travel to the
is approximately 1 hr 40 minutes.
- Estimated return to the church is 3:45 PM Saturday.