Friday, August 9 -
Sunday, August 11, 2019
Green Mountain National Forest
In August, Troop 54 will head north for our 4th trip to the
Green Mountain National Forest, our
last time there being in August 2013. Part of our hike will be on the
third division of the Long Trail. We
will backpack to Stratton Pond, camping in two different spots.
Trip planning meeting - Participants should attend this meeting on August 6, 7:00-8:30 PM.
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members. Each participant should weigh at least 90 pounds and should be
in good physical shape.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit
this to the Scoutmaster by July 30. Paper
Form Online Form.
- Event registration fee (youth) - $26 (includes food) - pay by July 30 (online payment).
- Event registration fee (adults) - $5 (no food included) - pay by July 30 (online payment).
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
Pa A abd B of this record within the previous year and no later than July 30.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by July 30.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have
completed BSA Youth Protection Training within the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training
certificate to the Scoutmaster by July 30.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your
vehicle information has not been provided to the Troop previously, please provide this to the Scoutmaster
by July 30.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of
most of the items needed. You will pack your stuff in either an external frame or internal
frame backpack (the big kind). Specific items to bring:
- Water bottles
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Food - The patrol should plan to provide 2 dinners, 3 lunches and 2 breakfasts. Scouts bring your
own food for snacks and drinks. Adults bring all of their own food, snacks and drinks.
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 7:00 AM Friday for
departure by 7:15 AM.
- Travel to the
is approximately 2-1/2 hours.
- Estimated return to the church is 4:30 PM Sunday.