Awesome Adventure Camporee
Friday, September 9 -
Sunday, September 11, 2022
Troop 54 returns to Camp Greenough to participate in the Awesome Adventure Camporee, a Cape Cod & Islands Council event. Our last visit to Camp Greenough was in 2007. Program areas will be open with new and exciting events including the brand-new Climbing and Rappelling Tower, Cope Course with High and Low elements, Mountain Man Camp, Surprise Shooting Activities, Waterfront, and more. The camporee is providing the Saturday dinner.
For details, see the council posting.
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout
must submit this to the Scoutmaster by August 21.
- Event registration fee - pay by August 21 (includes food):
Youth or Adult- $50 (online payment)
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each youth or adult participant must have submitted
this record to your unit within the previous year and no later than August 21. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card (both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by August 21.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have
completed BSA Youth Protection Training within the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training
certificate to the Scoutmaster by August 21.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving anyone other
than your own family members to and/or from the event and your vehicle information has not been provided to the Troop
previously, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by August 21.
Use our Personal Camping List to ensure you pack the needed items and see our Personal Camping Gear page for descriptions of most of the items needed and for how to use the checklist. You can pack your stuff in a backpack (the big kind), a duffle bag or a tub. Specific items to bring:
- Water bottles (2)
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Day pack
- Food - Each patrol should plan to provide 2 breakfasts and 1 lunch. Participants bring
your own drinks and food for snacks.
- Cloth face masks (at least 2 per person). Please ensure that masks are sized so that they will stay
- We will meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:00 PM Friday where we will
pack personal gear into the trailer. Only the participating adults will drive to the camp.
- Travel to Camp Greenough
is approximately 1 hour 50 minutes from Epworth United Methodist Church.
- Scouts should be picked up at the church at approximately 12:00 PM on Sunday. We will call family
members as our timing becomes more clear.
Page updated 7/27/22