Friday, October 15 -
Sunday, October 17, 2021
Troop 54 returns to Camp Squanto to participate in the (GPS) Ground Patrol Search Camporee, a Mayflower Council BSA event. Our last visit to Camp Squanto was in 2018. The organizers describe the event as a round robin of Scout skills, including fun events like jousting, Roman chariot racing, obstacle course, slingshots, and much more. You will use your GPS Skills to locate your stations. Our site will be assigned after we register.
For details, see the Camporee Leader Guide.
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout
must submit this to the Scoutmaster by September 28.
- Event registration fee - pay by September 28 (includes food):
Youth - $38 (online payment)
Adult - $31 (online payment)
- Consent and Approval Form - Each
youth participant must submit this council form by September 28.
- COVID-19 Attestation Form - Each
youth or adult participant submit this coluncil form, completed and signed (with parent signature for youth) on the day of departure, September 28.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each youth or adult participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than September 28. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card (both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by September 28.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have
completed BSA Youth Protection Training within the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training
certificate to the Scoutmaster by September 28.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving anyone other
than your own family members to and/or from the event and your vehicle information has not been provided to the Troop
previously, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by September 28.
Use our Personal Camping List to ensure you pack the needed items and see our Personal Camping Gear page for descriptions of most of the items needed and for how to use the checklist. You can pack your stuff in a backpack (the big kind), a duffle bag or a tub. Specific items to bring:
- Water bottles (2)
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Day pack
- Food - Each patrol should plan to provide 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner. Participants bring
your own drinks and food for snacks.
- Cloth face masks (at least 2 per person). Please ensure that masks are sized so that they will stay
- We will meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:15 PM Friday where we will
pack personal gear into the trailer. Only the participating adults will drive to the camp.
- Travel to Camp Squanto
is approximately 1 hour 30 minutes from Epworth United Methodist Church.
- Scouts should be picked up at the church at approximately 11:30 AM on Sunday. We will call family
members as our timing becomes more clear.
Page updated 7/22/21