Friday, October 4 -
Sunday, October 6, 2019
Troop 54 and Troop 7054 will travel together to the Ethan Allen District Fall Camporee, which has the
theme title "Festival of the Scouting Kingdom". This will be our first trip to Camp Sunrise, at least
since 2006 and our first trip to Vermont since August. The camporee is run by the Ethan Allen District
in the Green Mountain Council.
Activities at the event:
- Archery Competition
- Catapult Competition
- Heraldry Competition
- Feed the Royal Court Competition
- Closing Campfire Skits
- Flag Retirement Ceremony
Each patrol is expected to bring an event (Medieval or Scouting skills theme) and materials to make
For more information, see:
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members and Webelos/AOL dens.
9/19/19 Update - Additional registrations will be accepted through September 22.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by September 22. Paper Form Online Form
- Cost (pay by September 22) -
Youth - $39 (online payment).
Adults - $34 (online payment).
(This fee includes food and car gasoline reimbursement.)
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
Parts A abd B of this record within the previous year and no later than September 22.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by September 22.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying
overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the
Scoutmaster by September 22.
- Vehicle Information - If
you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by September 22.
Each patrol should plan two breakfasts and one dinner for themselves, plus one dish for the dinner
competition. The camporee is providing lunch on Saturday.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of
most of the items needed. Personal gear can be packed in a backpack, zipper bag or tub as we will be
not be hiking a significant distance with the gear. Specific items to bring:
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Water bottle.
- Day pack.
- Any snakcs you want, including.
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:00 PM Friday for departure
by 6:30 PM.
- Travel from the church to the
is about 3-1/4 hours.
- We estimate departure from the camporee at 10:00 AM and a return to the church at
about 1:15 PM on Sunday.