Nobscot Cabin Camping Trip
Friday, January 13 -
Sunday, January 15, 2023
Nobscot Scout Reservation
Troop 54 returns to Nobscot Scout Reservation in Sudbury, Massachusetts. We will be in the Pond View Lodge (the same cabin we used in February 2020. This cabin has three separate rooms, enabling segregation of youth and adults. It also features an indoors cooking area (our stoves and gear), a wood stove and a fireplace for a wide range of cooking options.
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members and Webelos/Arrow of Light Scouts.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout
must submit this to the Scoutmaster by January 3.
- Event registration fee - pay by January 3 (includes food):
Youth or Adult - $40 (online payment)
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each
participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than January 3. This trip requires only Parts A and B,
including copy of insurance card (both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by January 3.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have
completed BSA Youth Protection Training within the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training
certificate to the Scoutmaster by January 3.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving anyone other
than your own family members to and/or from the event (not likely during the COVID-19 pandemic) and your
vehicle information has not been provided to the Troop previously, please provide this to the Scoutmaster
by January 3.
Use our Personal Camping List to ensure you pack the needed items and see our Personal Camping Gear page for descriptions of most of the items needed and for how to use the checklist. You can pack your stuff in a backpack (the big kind), a duffle bag or a tub. Specific items to bring:
- Water bottles (2)
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Cold Weather Clothing - We plan to spend significant time outdoors (in New England in Winter), so dress appropriately.
- Food - Each patrol should plan to provide 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner.
Participants bring your own drinks and food for snacks.
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:30 PM Friday for
departure by 6:45 PM.
- Travel to the
parking lot is about 34 minutes from Epworth United Methodist Church. Only the participating adults will drive to the campground.
- After we check in at the camp, we will carry our gear to the cabin as this camp does not permit driving beyond the parking lot.
- Estimated return to the church is 11:00 AM Sunday.
Page updated 11/25/22