Friday, February 21 -
Sunday, February 23, 2020
Nobscot Scout Reservation
Troop 54 heads to Nobscot Scout Reservation this month; our last time
there was in 2016. We will stay in the Pond View Cabin, which has three separate rooms, a wood stove
and a fire place. Cooking can be done inside the cabin.
If there is snow while we are there, activities will include sledding and other winter fun.
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members and Webelos/AOL dens.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by February 11. Paper Form Online Form
- Cost (pay by February 11) -
Youth or Adult - $20 (online payment).
(This fee includes food)
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
Parts A abd B of this record within the previous year and no later than February 11.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by February 11.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying
overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the
Scoutmaster by February 11.
- Vehicle Information - If
you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by February 11.
Each patrol should plan two breakfasts, one lunch and one dinner.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of
most of the items needed. Personal gear should be packed in a backpack as there is a bit of a hike from
the parking lot to the cabin. See our Cold Weather
Clothing page for information on how to dress in really cold weather. Specific items to bring:
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Water bottle
- Any snacks you want.
- Sled, snow shoes or other winter gear you have if there is snow.
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:00 PM Friday for
departure by 6:30 PM.
- Travel to
is approximately 40 minutes.
- Estimated return to the church is 11:45 AM Sunday.