Summer Camp 2006
Troop 54 will be at the Treasure Valley Evergreen site in 2006.
Following the camp rules, we have to arrive together, so we will meet at the church at 12:00 PM on Sunday, July 9.
2006 Treasure Valley Summer Camp Leaders Guidebook
Highlights from the June 27 Parents Meeting:
The following portions of the Leaders Guidebook were reviewed:
- Camp Sites Equipment List
- Medical Information
- Program Guidelines
- Daily Program Schedule
- Pathfinder Grid Sheet
- Program Schedule
- Program Pre-Requisite
- Camper Release Form
Some "homework" to complete before arrival:
- Help your scout to select which merit badges he will try to earn during camp. One badge may be sufficient for a
first year scout.
- Gather the items listed on the Camp Sites Equipment List. In particular, pack plenty of insect repellent and
purchase mosquito netting, together with four 4' dowels to support it.
- New scouts will participate in the Pathfinder Program, so keep that in mind when selecting badges.
- Work out what your scout's schedule will be (with alternates for badges).
- Complete a Camper Release Form (this indicates who can take your scout from the camp).
- If you did not submit your Medical Information form by June 27, you are late. Complete and bring this form on
July 9. No one will be allowed to stay at camp without the form.
- Look up and complete the prerequisites for your selected badge. Some of these may require significant time - don't
save this for the day we report to camp. After you determine which requirement numbers are pre-requisites, you can
look up what those are on-line.
Page updated 7/1/06.