Aquapaug Camping Trip
Friday, December 1 -
Sunday, December 3, 2023
South Kingston, Rhode Island
For our December trip, we will camp at Camp Aquapaug, our first time visiting this camp. We will be in the Maple Grove Tent Area. While at the camp, we will focus on advancement. Following this trip, we will have completed 15 full years with at least one overnight camping trip each month - be part of history!
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members and Webelos/AOL Scouts with their patrol.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout
must submit this to the Scoutmaster by November 21.
- Event registration fee - pay by November 21 (includes food):
Youth or Adult - $30 (online payment)
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted this record within the previous year
and no later than November 21. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card (both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- Adults - In accordance with a BSA rule that became effective September 1, 2023,
"All adults staying overnight in connection with a Scouting activity must be currently registered in an adult fee required position as listed or as an adult program participant."
Registration information will be posted later.
Use our Personal Camping List to ensure you pack the needed items and see our Personal Camping Gear page for descriptions of most of the items needed and for how to use the checklist. You can pack your stuff in a backpack (the big kind), a duffle bag or a tub. Specific items to bring:
- Water bottle
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Food - Each patrol should plan to provide 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1
dinner. Participants bring your own drinks and food for snacks.
- We will meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:30 PM Friday where we will
pack personal gear into the trailer and depart by 6:45 PM. Only the participating adults will drive to the campground.
- Travel to Camp Aquepaug
is approximately 75 minutes from Epworth United Methodist Church.
- Scouts should be picked up at the church at approximately 11:30 AM on Sunday. We will call family
members as our timing becomes more clear.
Page updated 10/31/23