Turkey Shoot Camping Trip
Friday, November 17 -
Sunday, November 19, 2023
Treasure Valley Scout Reservation
The Turkey Shoot is a shooting sports themed event at Treasure Valley. This will be our first time
at the event since 2016 (it was called Woodsman Weekend that year). We will camp on Upper Boonesville Plains, which is a field with no tent platforms. There is a composting latrine nearby, and we plan to use our pop-up firepit. The Turkey Shoot (which does not involve harming any turkeys) will include the following stations:
- Shot Gun
- Biathlon Training
- Pellet Rifles
- Archery (TBC)
This event has some unusual aspects to its registration process. We register by purchasing one ticket for up to 10 Scouts. We were assigned the Sunday AM shoot time (8:00 AM to 11:30 AM).
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout
must submit this to the Scoutmaster by October 31.
- Event registration fee - pay by October 31 (includes food):
Youth - $53 (online payment)
Adult - $24 (online payment)
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted this record within the previous year
and no later than October 31. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card (both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- Adults - In accordance with a BSA rule that became effective September 1, 2023,
"All adults staying overnight in connection with a Scouting activity must be currently registered in an adult fee required position as listed or as an adult program participant."
Registration information will be posted later.
Use our Personal Camping List to ensure you pack the needed items and see our Personal Camping Gear page for descriptions of most of the items needed and for how to use the checklist. You can pack your stuff in a backpack (the big kind), a duffle bag or a tub. Specific items to bring:
- Water bottle
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Day pack
- Food - Each patrol should plan to provide 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1
dinner. Participants bring your own drinks and food for snacks.
- We will meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:30 PM Friday where we will
pack personal gear into the trailer and depart by 6:45 PM. Only the participating adults will drive to the campground.
- Travel to Upper Boonesville Plain
is approximately 25 minutes from Epworth United Methodist Church.
- Scouts should be picked up at the church at approximately 2:30 PM on Sunday. We will call family
members as our timing becomes more clear.
Page updated 11/5/23