Saturday, November 3 -
Sunday, November 4, 2018
For our November trip, Troop 54 returns to
Myles Standish State Forest in
Carver, MA. We will hike from a point in the forest to the Blue Spruce Grove tent site at
Cachalot Scout Reservation. Our last time backpacking in this forest was
in November 2015. We will target hiking distances of 5-7 miles each day.
This trip is open to Boy Scouts. Each participant should weigh at least 90 pounds.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit
this to the Scoutmaster by October 26. Paper
Form Online Form.
- Event registration fee (youth) - $25 (includes food) - pay by October 26 (online payment).
- Event registration fee (adults) - $10 (no food included) - pay by October 26 (online payment).
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than October 26. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by October 26.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by October 26.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by October 26.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of
most of the items needed. You will pack your stuff in either an external frame or internal
frame backpack (the big kind). Specific items to bring:
- Water bottle
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Food - The patrol should plan to provide 1 dinner, 2 lunches and 1 breakfast. Scouts bring your
own food for snacks and drinks. Adults bring all of your own food, snacks and drinks.
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 7:15 AM Saturday for
departure by 7:30 AM.
- Travel to the
is approximately 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Estimated return to the church is 3:30 PM Sunday.