Friday, September 16 -
Sunday, September 18, 2016
Cachalot Scout Reservation
Troop 54 returns this month to Cachalot Scout Reservation in
Myles Standish State Forest.
This camp is operated by the Narragansett Council BSA. During the day on Saturday, we will hike the Pilgrim Trail.
Use our Backwoods Camping List to make sure you don't forget
anything. A few key items/reminders:
- Day pack - for your lunch and water for the trail
- Water bottle
- Full uniform (as for just about any event)
See other camping
information on our Camping page.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to a leader
by September 13.
- Event registration fee (adults and youth) - $25 (includes food) - pay by September 13.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than September 13. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by September 13.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by September 13.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by September 13.
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:00 PM Friday for departure by 6:30 PM. The Scouts will carry
out the gear and load the trailer during this time.
Travel to the camp will take about 1-1/2 hours.
Estimated return to the church is 12:00 PM Sunday.