Friday, September 28 -
Sunday, September 30, 2018
Altamount Fair Grounds
The TRC Fall Camporee is billed as the biggest Scouting event of the year in the Twin Rivers
Council. It features fellowship, games, competitions, exhibits, entertainment, and fireworks!
We are also signing up for the optional Giffy's BBQ that Saturday night. Based on the flyer,
they seem to have a train theme for the camporee.
This will be our first camping trip to New York State since 2012 and our first time at an
event run by TRC.
For more information, see:
This trip is open to Boy Scouts, and we invite Webelos Scouts (Webelos and AOL dens) to participate
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by September 18. Paper
Form Online Form
- Cost (pay by September 18) -
Scouts - $58 (online payment).
Adults - $48 (online payment).
(This fee includes food and car gasoline reimbursement.)
- Annual Health
and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than September 18. This trip requires
only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have
submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by September 18.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying
overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the
Scoutmaster by September 18.
- Vehicle Information - If
you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by September 18.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of
most of the items needed. Personal gear can be packed in a backpack, zipper bag or tub as we will be
not be hiking a significant distance with the gear. Specific items to bring:
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Water bottle.
- Day pack.
- Spending money - There may be concessions at the event for food and souvenirs.
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 5:00 PM Friday for departure
by 5:30 PM.
- Travel from the church to the
Altamount Fair Grounds
is about 2-1/2 hours.
- We estimate departure from the fair ground at 11:00 AM and a return to the church at
about 1:30 PM on Sunday.