Troop 54 will participate in The Event at Treasure Valley. The Event is described as a cross between a council camporee and the Scout Show we
had a couple of years ago. There will be stations to visit and activities to do.
Members of the troop will alternate in helping to run the Geocaching station. This can satisfy a reuqirement toward the Geocaching merit badge.
Materials from the organizers:
Logistics (including schedule)
The Scouts decided to cook their own meals, so you can disregard information about meals for purchase.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by October 2.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than October 9. This trip requires only Parts A and B (pages 2 and 3), including copy of insurance card (both sides).
A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by October 9.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by October 9.
- Vehicle Information - If your vehicle information has not been included on a previous tour
permit, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by October 9.
- Cost (Scouts and Leaders) - $11 registration fee (paid by October 2) plus share of food cost.
Use our Backwoods Camping List to make sure you don't forget anything.
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:30 PM Friday for departure by 6:45 PM.
Travel from the church to the Treasure Valley is about 30 minutes.
Estimated return to the church is 10:30 AM Sunday. We will not be able to enter the church at this time.