Troop 54 will do CrabApple's "Deerfield River - Fife Brook Section" rafting
trip with camping at Mohawk Trail State Forest, also in Charlemont, MA. We
will have a Friday evening departure and Sunday afternoon return to keep Memorial Day itself open.
The rafting trip covers 10 miles, starting 10:30 AM on Saturday, May 24.
Crabapple, the rafting operator, has provided the following additional information:
Trip Itinerary & What to Bring
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by May 20.
- Rafting Liability Waiver - Each participant must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by May 20.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than May 20. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance
card (both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by May 20.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by May 20.
- Vehicle Information - If your vehicle information has not been included on a previous tour
permit, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by May 20.
Scouts and Leaders: $110 registration, including food cost. $25 is due December 20, $60 is due March 24, $25 is due May 20.
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:30 PM Friday for departure by 6:45 PM.
Travel to Mohawk Trail State Forest (the camping location) is estimated at 1-3/4 hours.
On Saturday, travel from the camping area to the rafting starting location is estimated at 10 minutes.
Crabapple has provided Directions to their Massachusetts Base and indicates
that GPS directions are incorrect in their area.
Estimated return to the church is 12:30 PM Sunday.