Saturday, October 6 -
Monday, October 8, 2018
Cape Cod Fairgrounds
East Falmouth, MA
MassJam 2018 is a multi-council event which currently expects 6000 Scouts from around our region.
With several "Action Centers", exihibits, displays, evening programs and two nights of camping, this
should be lots of fun!
This event requires careful planning. Some of the key logistics:
- We need to bring everything for a complete campsite set up on a field.
- To reduce traffic, MassJam has implemented key restrictions:
- No visitors to the event
- No coming and going during the event
- Only the vehicle pulling the trailer can (briefly) go to the site.
- Our camp site will be a hike from where the cars get parked.
- We need to bring food to prepare for the whole weekend (3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners).
For more information about MassJam, see:
This trip is open to Boy Scouts and Webelos Scouts (Webelos and AOL dens).
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by September 25. Paper
Form Online Form
- Cost -
Scouts and Leaders - $67 (if paid by Sept 14, includes food) (online payment).
Scouts and Leaders - $77 (if paid by Sept 21, includes food) (online payment).
- Annual Health
and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than September 25. This trip requires
only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have
submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by September 25.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying
overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the
Scoutmaster by September 25.
- Vehicle Information - If
you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by September 25.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of
most of the items needed. Personal gear can be packed in a backpack, zipper bag or tub as we will be
not be hiking a significant distance with the gear. Specific items to bring:
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Water bottle.
- Day pack.
- Spending money - There are concessions at the event for food and souvenirs.
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:00 AM Saturday for departure
by 6:30 AM. This early departure is needed to allow us to complete campsite setup by 11:00 AM.
- Travel from the church to the
Cape Cod Fairgrounds
is about 1 hour and 30-50 minutes.
- We estimate departure from the fairground and parking areas at 11:30 AM and a return to the church at
about 1:30 PM.