Saturday, October 12 -
Monday, October 14, 2013
Barnstable County Fairgrounds
East Falmouth, MA
MassJam 2013 is a multi-council event at which thousands of Scouts from around our region are expected. With several "Action Centers",
evening programs and two nights of camping, this should be lots of fun!
This event requires careful planning. Some of the key items we need to cover:
- We need to bring everything for a complete campsite set up on a field.
- Cars have only a few minutes to unload and must be parked approximately 2 miles away. Our camp site may be up to 1/2 mile from the drop-off
- We need to bring food to prepare for the whole weekend (2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners).
For more information,see:
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by October 8.
- Registration fee (adults and youth) - $45 (includes $30 event fee and food cost budgeted at up to $15/person). Pay by September 17 (the
troop has to pay by September 20).
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than October 8. This trip requires only Parts A and B (pages 2 and 3), including copy of
insurance card (both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, submit it to the Scoutmaster by October 8.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by October 8.
- Vehicle Information - If your vehicle information has not been included on a previous tour
plan, provide this to the Scoutmaster by October 8.
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:00 AM Saturday for departure by 6:30 AM.
Travel from the church to the Falmouth County Fairgrounds is about 1 hour and 37 minutes.
Estimated return to the church is 1:00 PM Monday.