Friday, January 25 -
Sunday, January 27, 2013
Troop 54 will participate in the Nashua Valley Council's Wachusett Klondike Derby. We will camp overnight in tents at Camp Collier, which was formerly an
A Klondike Derby is a Boy Scout winter skill and camping event. Each patrol will pull a sled,
loaded with personal and patrol equipment. The Scouts will journey
through the woods and fields, up and down the hills, and stop at different activity
stations. At these stations, they will be tested on their Scouting knowledge, team work, and
problem solving skills, competing against other patrols.
Event Packet - Includes the event schedule and other information.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by December 4.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than January 22. This trip requires only Parts A and B (pages 2 and 3), including copy of insurance card (both sides).
A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by January 22.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by January 22.
- Vehicle Information - If your vehicle information has not been included on a previous tour
permit, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by January 22.
- Cost (Scouts and Leaders) - $22 (includes food).
Travel and Times:
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:30 PM on Friday for departure at 6:45 PM.
Travel to Camp Collier is approximately 50 minutes.
Estimated return to the church is 11:00 AM Sunday.