Adventure at the Fort
Friday, October 21 -
Sunday, October 23, 2022
Newport, Rhode Island
Troop 54 travels to Fort Adams to participate in the Adventure at the Fort, a jamboree-sized Narragansett Council event. We have not been to Fort Adams before, at least in recent years.
For details, see:
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members and Webelos/AOL members attending with a troop.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout
must submit this to the Scoutmaster by September 13.
- Event registration fee - pay by September 13 (includes food):
Youth - $65 (online payment)
Adult- $45 (online payment)
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each youth or adult participant must have submitted
this record to your unit within the previous year and no later than September 13. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card (both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by September 13.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have
completed BSA Youth Protection Training within the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training
certificate to the Scoutmaster by September 13.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving anyone other
than your own family members to and/or from the event and your vehicle information has not been provided to the Troop
previously, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by September 13.
Use our Personal Camping List to ensure you pack the needed items and see our Personal Camping Gear page for descriptions of most of the items needed and for how to use the checklist. We recommend that you pack your stuff in a backpack (the big kind) as we expect to have a bit of a hike from the drop-off location to the camp site. Specific items to bring:
- Water bottles (2)
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Day pack
- Food - Each patrol should plan to provide 2 breakfasts and 1 lunch. Participants bring
your own drinks and food for snacks.
- Cloth face mask. Please ensure that masks are sized so that they will stay in place.
- We will meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:00 PM Friday where we will
pack personal gear into the trailer for departure at 6:15 PM. Only the participating adults will drive to the camp.
- Travel to Fort Adams
is approximately 1 hour 30 minutes from Epworth United Methodist Church, and we have to arrive during the checkin window of 4-9 PM.
- Scouts should be picked up at the church at approximately 11:30 PM on Sunday. We will call family
members as our timing becomes more clear.
Page updated 10/15/22