Saturday, April 13 -
Sunday, April 14, 2019
Troop 54 will participate in the Isaac Davis Camporee and
March for our first time since 2011. This camporee memorializes the first uniformed soldier to die in
the defense of the United States. The event is run by the Scouters of the Isaac Davis Trail.
The camporee features:
- Fun afternoon games.
- A giant bonfire with songs and skits.
- A hike from the home of Isaac Davis, retracing the steps of the Acton Minutemen, to the Old North
Bridge in Minute Man National Historical Park.
This hike begins at dawn Sunday morning and takes 2-3 hours. Buses are provded for the return to the
Scouts can earn the Isaac Davis medal by reading the history section of the event website and completing
a historical questonnaire.
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members, and we invite Webelos Scouts (Webelos and AOL dens) to
participate with us.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by April 2. Paper
Form Online Form
- Cost (pay by April 2) -
Scouts and Leaders - $33 (online payment).
(This fee includes food.)
- Annual Health
and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than April 2. This trip requires
only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by April 2.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have
completed BSA Youth Protection Training within the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training
certificate to the Scoutmaster by April 2.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your
vehicle information has not been provided to the Troop previously, please provide this to the Scoutmaster
by April 2.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of
most of the items needed. Personal gear can be packed in a backpack, zipper bag or tub as we will be
not be hiking a significant distance with the gear. Specific items to bring:
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Water bottle.
- Day pack.
- Spending money - There may be concessions at the North Bridge.
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 9:00 AM Saturday for departure
by 9:30 AM.
- Travel from the church to the
Field in Acton
is about 35 minutes.
- We estimate departure from the camporee field at 1:00 PM and a return to the church at
about 1:30 PM on Sunday.