KinneyWoods Backpacking Trip
Saturday, February 13 -
Sunday, February 14, 2021
Troop 54 will visit KinneyWoods, a Greater Worcester Land Trust property, for our first time. This trip
is a backpacking trip on which the hike will be fairly short (1-2 miles). The camp site has two tent
platforms and space for tents on the ground.
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members.
Troop 54 COVID-19 Controls will be
emplolyed on this trip.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit
this to the Scoutmaster by February 2.
- Event registration fee - pay by February 2 (includes food for youth):
Youth - $10 (online payment)
Adult - no fee
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than February 2. This trip requires only Parts A and B,
including copy of insurance card (both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by February 2.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have
completed BSA Youth Protection Training within the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training
certificate to the Scoutmaster by February 2.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving anyone other
than your own family members to and/or from the event (not likely during the COVID-19 pandemic) and your
vehicle information has not been provided to the Troop previously, please provide this to the Scoutmaster
by February 2.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of
most of the items needed. You will pack your stuff in either an external frame or internal
frame backpack (the big kind). Specific items to bring:
- Water bottles (2)
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Food - The patrol should plan to provide 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts. Scouts
bring your own snacks, lunches and drinks. Adults bring all of your own food, snacks and drinks.
- Insect repellent and preferably permethrin treated clothing.
- Each Scout will need to be transported to and from the
trailhead by a family member. This is
a parking area off Moreland Green Drive, probably labeled something like "Donker Farm trailhead".
- Scouts should be dropped off at the trailhead at 1:00 PM on Saturday. Family members should wait to leave
until COVID-19 screening is complete for their Scout.
- We do not plan to leave the forest in vehicles during the trip.
- Scouts should be picked up at the same trailhead at 10:00 AM on Sunday.
Page updated 2/13/21