Pomperaug Camping Trip
Friday, October 9 -
Sunday, October 11, 2020
Troop 54 will visit Camp Pomperaug, our first trip there since 2013. We will camp in Algonquin Field.
Activities during the trip will include:
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members and Webelos/Arrow of Light Scouts.
We will employ our COVID-19 Controls on
Use of Connecticut Yankee Council
Camps - COVID-19 rules from the host council.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit
this to the Scoutmaster by September 29. Paper
Form Online Form.
- Event registration fee - pay by September 29 (includes food):
Youth or Adult - $20 (online payment)
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than September 29. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by September 29.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have
completed BSA Youth Protection Training within the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training
certificate to the Scoutmaster by September 29.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving anyone other
than your own family members to and/or from the event (not likely during the COVID-19 pandemic) and your
vehicle information has not been provided to the Troop previously, please provide this to the Scoutmaster
by September 29.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of
most of the items needed. You can pack your stuff in a backpack (the big kind),
a duffle bag or a tub. Specific items to bring:
- Water bottles (2)
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Day pack
- Food - Each patrol should plan to provide 1 dinners, 1 lunches and 2 breakfasts. Participants bring
your own drinks and food for snacks.
- Cloth face masks (at least 2 per person). Please ensure that masks are sized so that they will stay
in place on your child.
- Mosquito repellent
To be prepared for mosquitos and ticks, see our Insects page.
- Each Scout will need to be transported to and from the camp site at Camp Pomperaug by a family
- Scouts should be dropped off at the camp at 6:30 PM on Friday. The drive from Worcester to
the Camp Entrance (use this for Google navigation)
is about 30 minutes from Epworth United Methodist Church. Bring the Scouts to troop leaders at
the Algonquin Field camp site (approximate
location). Bring a copy of the camp map to help you
find the site. After COVID-19 screening, leave gear at the site and park vehicles that are staying at the
parking area near the camp entrance.
- We will not travel anywhere in vehicles during the camping trip.
- Scouts should be picked up at the camp site at 10:00 AM on Sunday.
Page updated 10/3/20