Moses Camping Trip
Friday, December 4 -
Sunday, December 6, 2020
Horace A Moses Scout Reservation
Troop 54 will visit Horace A Moses Scout Reservation, our first trip there since 2018. We will camp
in the Champlain Campsite.
During the day on Saturday, we will visit the Springfield
Museums. After our registration deadline has passed, we will book the museum visit, and that is when
we will get the times of our visit.
We can spend any time available at camp on:
- Advancement work
- Hiking around the camp
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members and Webelos/Arrow of Light Scouts.
Troop 54 COVID-19 Guidelines will be
emplolyed on this trip.
Horace A. Moses Scout Reservation
COVID-19 Guidelines, the COVID-19 rules from the camp's council, also apply.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit
this to the Scoutmaster by December 1 -
- Event registration fee - pay by December 1 (includes food and museum admission):
Youth - $28 (online payment)
Adult - $40 (online payment)
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than December 1. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by December 1.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have
completed BSA Youth Protection Training within the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training
certificate to the Scoutmaster by December 1.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving anyone other
than your own family members to and/or from the event (not likely during the COVID-19 pandemic) and your
vehicle information has not been provided to the Troop previously, please provide this to the Scoutmaster
by December 1.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of
most of the items needed. You can pack your stuff in a backpack (the big kind),
a duffle bag or a tub. Specific items to bring:
- Water bottles (2)
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Day pack
- Food - Each patrol should plan to provide 1 dinner, 1 lunch and 2 breakfasts. Participants bring
your own drinks and food for snacks.
- Cloth face masks (at least 2 per person). Please ensure that masks are sized so that they will stay
- Each Scout will need to be transported to and from the camp site at Horace Moses SR by a family
- Scouts should be dropped off at the camp at 7:30-7:45 PM on Friday. The drive from Worcester to
the Camp Entrance (use this for Google navigation)
is about 1 hour 10-30 minutes from Epworth United Methodist Church. Bring the Scouts to troop leaders at
the Champlain Campsite. Bring a copy of the camp map to help you
find the site. After COVID-19 screening, leave gear at the site and park vehicles that are staying at the
parking area next to the Magee Pavilion.
- Our travel to and from the museum will be in vehicles for an estimated 37 minutes with masks.
- Scouts should be picked up at the camp site at 10:00 AM on Sunday.
Page updated 1/4/21