TVSR Camping Trip
Friday, September 20 -
Sunday, September 22, 2019
Troop 54 returns to Treasure Valley in September, for our first time since July 2018,
this time together with Troop 7054. This is a "car camping" type trip (no need to carry
our gear very far). We will camp in the High Mesa tent site. Our main activities while there
will be fishing in Browning Pond and advancement work.
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members and Webelos/Arrow of Light Scouts.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit
this to the Scoutmaster by September 10. Paper
Form Online Form.
- Event registration fee (youth or adult) - $15 (includes food) - pay by September 10 (online payment).
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than September 10. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by September 10
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have
completed BSA Youth Protection Training within the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training
certificate to the Scoutmaster by September 10.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your
vehicle information has not been provided to the Troop previously, please provide this to the Scoutmaster
by September 10.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of
most of the items needed. You can pack your stuff in a backpack (the big kind)
or a duffle bag. Specific items to bring:
- Water bottle
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Food - Each patrol should plan to provide 1 dinner, 2 lunches and 2 breakfasts. Participants bring your
own food for snacks and drinks.
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:00 PM Friday for
departure by 6:30 PM.
- Travel to the check-in cabin at the
camp is approximately 30 minutes.
- Estimated return to the church is 11:00 AM Sunday.
Page updated 8/29/19