Saturday, March 16 -
Sunday, March 17, 2019
For our March trip, Troop 54 will backpack through parts of the
Arcadia Management Area,
hiking from Beach Pond to the Smugglers' Cliff tent site at Camp Yawgoog.
Our last time backpacking this area was in March 2010. We will target hiking distances of 5-7 miles
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members. Each participant should weigh at least 90 pounds.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit
this to the Scoutmaster by March 5. Paper
Form Online Form.
- Event registration fee (youth) - $25 (includes food) - pay by March 5 (online payment).
- Event registration fee (adults) - $10 (no food included) - pay by March 5 (online payment).
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than March 5. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by March 5.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have
completed BSA Youth Protection Training within the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training
certificate to the Scoutmaster by March 5.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your
vehicle information has not been provided to the Troop previously, please provide this to the Scoutmaster
by March 5.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of
most of the items needed. You will pack your stuff in either an external frame or internal
frame backpack (the big kind). Specific items to bring:
- Water bottle
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Food - The patrol should plan to provide 1 dinner, 2 lunches and 1 breakfast. Scouts bring your
own food for snacks and drinks. Adults bring all of your own food, snacks and drinks.
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 7:00 AM Saturday for
departure by 7:15 AM.
- Travel to the
is approximately 1 hour 5 minutes.
- Estimated return to the church is 3:00 PM Sunday.