Saturday, June 8 -
Sunday, June 9, 2019
Mashamoquet Brook State Park
Pomfret Center, CT
For this trip, we will backpack a segment of the Airline Trail into
Mashamoquet Brook State Park in Pomfret Center, CT.
The hiking portion will likely be about 6 miles each day.
This park has a pond with swimming, so a swim suit and small towel are recommended.
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members. Each participant should weigh at least 90 pounds.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit
this to the Scoutmaster by May 28. Paper
Form Online Form.
- Event registration fee (youth) - $20 (includes food) - pay by May 28 (online payment).
- Event registration fee (adults) - $10 (no food included) - pay by May 28 (online payment).
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than May 28. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to
Troop 54 within the last year. If you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by May 28.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have
completed BSA Youth Protection Training within the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training
certificate to the Scoutmaster by May 28.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your
vehicle information has not been provided to the Troop previously, please provide this to the Scoutmaster
by May 28.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of
most of the items needed. You will pack your stuff in either an external frame or internal
frame backpack (the big kind). Specific items to bring:
- Water bottle
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Food - The patrol should plan to provide 1 dinner, 2 lunches and 1 breakfast. Scouts bring your
own snacks and drinks. Adults bring all of your own food, snacks and drinks.
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 7:00 AM Saturday for
departure by 7:15 AM.
- Travel to the
is approximately 35 minutes.
- Estimated return to the church is 3:00 PM Sunday.