Friday, September 15 -
Sunday, September 17, 2017
In September, we will head to the Narrangansett Council's Camp Yawgoog in
Rockville, RI, to camp at its Anthony Acres Tent Area. Cars will be able to reach the camp site, so
patrols can plan to use heavy gear, such as Dutch ovens if they like.
During the day on Saturday we will visit the Mashantucket Pequot Museum and Research Center in
This trip is open to Boy Scouts and Webelos/AOL Scouts.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by September 12. Paper
Form Online Form
- Event registration fee (includes food) - pay by September 12:
Youth - $32 (online payment)
Adult - $40 (online payment)
- Annual Health
and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than September 12. This trip requires
only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have
submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by September 12.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying
overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the
Scoutmaster by September 12.
- Vehicle Information - If
you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by September 12.
Use our Backwoods Camping List to
make sure you don't forget anything. See our Camping page
for other camping information. Specific items to bring:
- Trail lunch to eat at the museum on Saturday.
- Water bottle.
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:00 PM Friday for
departure by 6:30 PM.
- Travel to
Camp Yawgoog Scout Reservation
is approximately 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Estimated return to the church is 12:00 PM Sunday.