Saturday, November 11 -
Sunday, November 12, 2017
For our November trip, Troop 54 returns to
Forest in Voluntown, Connecticut, for our first time since March 2011. We will hike the Pachaug and
Nehantic Trails to and from the Dry Reservoir shelter in a loop, with hiking distances estimated at 7
miles the first day and 6 miles the second day.
This trip is open to Boy Scouts. Each participant should weigh at least
90 pounds. For this forest, we are limited to 12 participants.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit
this to the Scoutmaster by October 31. Paper
Form Online Form.
- Event registration fee (youth) - $15 (includes some food) - pay by October 31 (online payment).
- No charge for adult participants (no food included).
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than October 31. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by October 31.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by October 31.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by October 31.
There is no troop meeting on October 31, so plan to register electronically you don't do this by
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of
most of the items needed. You will pack your stuff in either an external frame or internal
frame backpack (the big kind). Specific items to bring:
- Water bottle
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Food - The patrol will provide 1 dinner and 1 breakfast. Scouts bring your own food for
2 lunches, snacks and drinks. Adults bring all of your own food, snacks and drinks.
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 7:15 AM Saturday for
departure by 7:30 AM.
- Travel to the
is approximately 1 hour.
- Estimated return to the church is 3:00 PM Sunday.