Saturday, March 18 -
Sunday, March 19, 2017
New Hartford and Windsor Locks, CT
Originally, we had planned a backpacking trip in the
State Forest. A blizzard forecast a few days before the trip makes backpacking a less practical idea.
Instead, we will travel to Windsor Locks, CT to visit the New
England Air Museum. We will camp at Camp Sequassen in New Hartford,
CT, in tents.
Use our Backwoods Camping List to make sure you don't forget
anything. Be sure to include plenty of water. See other camping information on
our Camping page. A few specifics:
- The camp site will likely have several inches of snow, so bring winter gear.
- Bring a lunch to eat at the museum. They have a break area but limited vending machine food.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by February 14. Paper
Form Online Form
- Event registration fee (youth and adults) - $20 (includes food) - pay by March 14
- Annual Health
and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than March 7. This trip requires
only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have
submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by March 7.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying
overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the
Scoutmaster by March 7.
- Vehicle Information - If
you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by March 7.
Travel There: (details to be confirmed)
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 8:00 AM Saturday for
departure by 8:30 AM.
Travel to the
New England Air Museum
is approximately 1 hour 15 minutes.
Estimated return to the church is 12:00 PM Sunday.