Friday, April 7 -
Sunday, April 9, 2017
Troop 54 will visit Dinosaur State
Park in Rocky Hill, Connecticut for our first time, at
least in the last decade or so. We will camp at
Deer Lake Scout Reservation in Killingworth,
Connecticut. We will be tent camping at Cedar Site #08.
Don't worry! The reconstituted dinosauers we will be petting are completely
This month will be our 100th Consectutive Month With at Least One Overnight
Camping Trip. Be part of the adventure as we complete that milestone.
This trip is open to Boy Scouts and Webelos/AOL Scouts.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by April 4. Paper
Form Online Form
- Event registration fee (youth and adults) - $25 (includes food) - pay by April 4
- Annual Health
and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than April 4. This trip requires
only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have
submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by April 4.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying
overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the
Scoutmaster by April 4.
- Vehicle Information - If
you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by April 4.
Use our Backwoods Camping List to
make sure you don't forget anything. See our Camping page
for other camping information. A few specific items to bring:
- Day pack for hiking trails at Dinosaur State Park.
- Trail lunch to eat at the park on Saturday.
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:00 PM Friday for
departure by 6:30 PM.
- Travel to
Deer Lake Scout Reservation
is approximately 1 hour 35 minutes.
- Estimated return to the church is 12:00 PM Sunday.