Saturday, June 11 -
Sunday, June 12, 2016
For this trip, we will travel to camp near the studio of metalworking artist and Troop 54 Eagle Scout
Michael Saari. Mr. Saari will
guide our Scouts in their choice of sheet metal or blacksmith activities. Scouts should be able to complete some
requirements toward the Metalwork merit badge.
Each youth participant on this trip should complete a blue card for the merit badge in advance.
Use our Backwoods Camping List to make sure you don't forget anything. See other camping
information on our Camping page.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to a leader
by May 31.
- Event registration fee (adults and youth) - $25 (includes food) - pay by June 7.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than June 7. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by June 7.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by June 7.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by June 7.
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 8:00 AM Saturday for departure by 8:30 AM.
Travel to the studio will take about 45 minutes.
Estimated return to the church is 12:00 PM Sunday.