Friday, September 18 -
Sunday, September 20, 2015
With our 100th anniversary event coming up this same weekend, we will stay close to that action by camping at Treasure Valley Scout Reservation. With 1600
acres to play in, we will likely do ome day hiking into the forest. As a theme activity, we kick up the knot tying action with some
constructions made using lashings - bring your imagination. Make something to use in cooking or even something you can climb.
Small tents will fit on the platforms at the site. There is some open space for larger tents.
As we will be able to park near the site, weight is not important. We can cook as heavy as we want - Dutch Ovens anyone?
Use our Backwoods Camping List to make sure you don't forget anything. See other camping
information on our Camping page. Definitely bring rain gear.
We'll wear Class B uniform (troop T-shirt with any pants, to keep our Class A uniforms clean for the celebration. Don't forget to pack your whole
uniform and bring what you need to take a shower.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by September 15.
- Event registration fee (youth and adult) - $20 (includes dinner and breakfasts). Pay by September 15.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than September 15. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by September 15.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by September 15.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by September 15.
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:30 PM Friday for departure by 6:45 PM.
Travel from the church to the camp is about 25 mintues.
Estimated return to the church is 8:00 PM Sunday (after the celebration event).