Saturday, June 20 -
Sunday, June 21, 2015
Hodges Village Dam
On this trip, we will hike a portion of the Midstate Trail we have not
hiked before, startng at Fay Mountain Orchards and ending at
Hodges Village Dam, a project of the
US Army Corps of Engineers. We estimate that we will hike 5-6 miles each day.
Use our Backwoods Camping List to make sure you don't forget anything. Be sure to include
plenty of water. See other camping information on our Camping page.
Pack light - "Every ounce counts!"
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by June 16.
- Event registration fee (youth) - $10 (includes dinner and breakfast). Pay by June 16.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than June 16. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by June 16.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by June 16.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by June 16.
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 7:00 AM Saturday.
Travel to the trailhead takes about 30 minutes.
Estimated return to the church is 3:00 PM Sunday.