Friday, August 21 -
Sunday, August 23, 2015
Mount Greylock State Reservation
Troop 54 heads west again to Mount
Greylock State Reservation for this trip. We will drive up Friday night and make camp at Mount Greylock. First, we will backpack (at night) the easy 1.5 mile
trail from the cars to the Lower Group Area site in the campground. On Saturday, we will hike to the summit without the backpacks.
Pack light - "Every ounce counts!" A few specifics:
- Bring a day back for lunch, water and other trail essentials.
- Bring a flashlight for the night time hike.
- Use our Backwoods Camping List to make sure you don't forget anything. Be sure to include
plenty of water. See other camping information on our Camping page. Definitely bring rain gear.
Planning meeting: Trip participants will meet Tuesday, August 18, 7:00-8:00 PM to assemble gear and plan meals.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by August 18.
- Event registration fee (youth and adult) - $20 (includes dinner and breakfasts). Pay by August 18.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than August 18. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by August 18.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by August 18.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by August 18.
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:00 PM Friday for departure by 6:15 PM.
Travel from the church to the trailheld is about 2.25 hours.
Travel from the trailhead back to the church is about 2.25 hours.
Estimated return to the church is 1:00 PM Sunday.