Friday, April 19 -
Sunday, April 20, 2013
Sleeping Giant State Park
This month, we travel further into Connecticut. On Friday, we will camp in a primitive area at
Wah Wah Taysee, a
Scout camp we are visiting for the first time, in North Haven, CT. After a service project at the camp, we will backpack on
Saturday to a wilderness camping area in
Sleeping Giant State Park.
Use our Backwoods Camping List to make sure you don't forget anything. Be sure to include
plenty of water. See other camping information on our Camping page. Don't forget to bring rain gear.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by April 16.
- Event registration fee (adults and youth) - $20 (includes food cost budgeted at up to $13/person). Pay by April 16.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than April 16. This trip requires only Parts A and B (pages 2 and 3), including copy of
insurance card (both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by April 16.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by April 16.
- Vehicle Information - If your vehicle information has not been included on a previous tour
plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by April 16.
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:00 PM Friday for departure by 6:30 PM.
Travel from the church to Wah Wah Taysee is about 1 hour 37 minutes.
Estimated return to the church is 3:30 PM Sunday.