Saturday, March 24 -
Sunday, March 25, 2012
Striking out on another trail that is new to us (and only in existence since 2001), Troop 54 will hike the
stopping overnight at the trail shelter where this trail meets the Metacomet-Monadnock Trail. Our current plan is to hike one-way, not
returning to our starting point.
Pack light - "Every ounce counts!"
Use our Backwoods Camping List to make sure you don't forget anything. Be sure to include
plenty of water. See other camping information on our Camping page. Definitely bring rain gear.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by March 20.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than March 20. This trip requires only Parts A and B (pages 2 and 3), including copy of insurance card (both sides).
A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by March 20.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by March 20.
- Vehicle Information - If your vehicle information has not been included on a previous tour
permit, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by March 20.
- Cost (Scouts and Leaders) - Share of food cost for patrol (no registration fee).
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 7:00 AM Saturday for departure by 7:15 AM.
Travel from the church to the trail head is approximately 1 hr 20 min.
Travel back to the church from the trail end is approximately 1 hr 5 min.
Estimated return to the church is 3:00 PM Sunday.